~ The Lections of Compassion
And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, they who partake of benefits which are gotten by wronging one of God's creatures, cannot be righteous: nor can they touch holy things, or teach the mysteries of the kingdom, whose hands are stained With blood, or whose mouths are defiled with flesh. ~Jesus GH12
- Nativity of Jesus the Christ Thus it came to pass that he was born in the midst of the animals which, through the redemption of man from ignorance and selfishness, he came to redeem from their sufferings.
- The Childhood And Youth Of Jesus And for seven years he conversed with God face to face, and he learned the language of birds and of beasts.
- Jesus Condemneth the Ill Treatment of Animals And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, they who partake of benefits which are gotten by wronging one of God's creatures, cannot be righteous: nor can they touch holy things, or teach the mysteries of the kingdom, whose hands are stained With blood, or whose mouths are defiled with flesh.
- The Teaching of Cruelty to Animals Woe to the hunters for they shall be hunted; Lo every creature which God hath made hath its end, and purpose.
- Love of Jesus for All Creatures These are your fellow creatures of the great Household of God, yea, they are your brethren and sisters, having the same breath of life in the Eternal.
- Jesus Setteth Free the Caged Birds "Let these thy little brethren and sisters go forth into freedom and see that thou do this thing no more"
- Jesus Rebuketh Cruelty I am come to end the sacrifices and feasts of blood, and if ye cease not offering and eating of flesh and blood, the wrath of God shall not cease from you.
- Jesus Releases The Rabbits And Pigeons Knowest thou not that God in the beginning gave to man the fruits of the earth for food, and did not make that he should kill and eat the flesh and blood of his fellow creatures?
- The Last Supper Verily I say unto you, for this end have I come into the world, that I may put away all blood offerings and the eating of the flesh of the beasts and the birds that are slain by men.
- The Sanctity of Nature The first principle of ahimsa is the doctrine of refraining from harming any living thing. It is the understanding that the natural world has been created for all life as a means for the spirit to experience in the physical.
- Thou Shalt Not Kill The exact Hebrew of this biblical phrase is "lo tirtzack" which accurately translates as "any kind of killing whatsoever."
- Lessons of Compassion and Mercy The all-pitying love of our Saviour not only embraces mankind, but also the "lower" creatures of God, who sharers with us of the one breath of life, and are with us on the one road of ascent to that which is higher.
The Story of Balaam God allows an animal to speak to man. The first words are: "Why are you hurting me?"
Return to The Nazarene Way main menu
Nazarene Way of Essenic Studies
Email us at: Comments@TheNazareneWay.com
Join our Essene Holy Communions email list
Sign our Guest Book!